Saturday, February 2, 2008

Pre-CNY Wine Dinner @ Clementi

Wine dinner with E, his gf, ZB, B and me at home. Had sushi and some sashimi to go with the Champagne. Roast chicken and some sausages with the Brunello and finally some semi-hard cheese and toasted fruit bread to go with the Sauternes. Unfortunately we realized too late to take a photo of the food. :P



NV Francois Hemart Brut Rosé
Color was very pretty, orangey red. Slightly tart but with distinctive apricot flavor (detected by B). My first Rosé for a very long time. It's very nice for sure but can't justify to myself spending so much on a sparkly, since to me it felt more like a fun drink rather than a serious cuvee.

Wine bought from Moomba.

2001 Ciacci Piccolomini Brunello di Montalcino Vina di Pianrosso
Ah I think I might be able to taste a Brunello blind now. Very serious taste on the palate. Some smokiness but not so much fruit. Nose very aromatic, especially using my Burg glass. ZB thought it was quite unique while CJ gave it thumbs up. B also liked it. To be frank by this time I was already numbed by all the Latours tasted earlier. Not a bad buy but the wine had already seeped up almost to the top of the cork! Hope this is just a one off case. I still have one more bottle of this.

Wine bought from J&D Burleigh.

1999 Chateau Solon
Very similar to the Monbazillac '06 even though this is much more aged. Color-wise still very bright and young. Nothing particularly unique about this although price-wise it's decent as well.

Wine bought from Carrefour.

No comments: